In a rather large house with many large rooms, we found numerous televisions with reception ranging from appalling to non-existent. A modulated Sky channel was also faintly visible on some sets. A quick discussion with the owner and we could see this was not going to be a simple job. She explained that her ex-husband liked to attempt everything himself, and this included "installing" and "upgrading" the TV distribution system. After a good half an hour tracing cables around we realised the true scale of the problem. Each socket had been daisy chained from the last, and it didn't end there. There were literally dozens of nasty things to be found such as those above, countless unscreened sockets, numerous amplifiers and lots more. The whole lot had to be ripped out and rewired properly.